ज्या वस्तूंचेर कोंकणी विकिपिडियाक लक्ष दवरूंक जाय
Jeo vostuncher Konknni Wikipidiek lokx dorunk zai
ಖಂಚ್ಯಾ ವಸ್ತುಚೆರ್ ಕೊಂಕ್ಣಿ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯಾಕ್ ಲಕ್ಷ್ ದಿಂವ್ಕ್ ಜಾಯ್
(Create your wishlist of work you'd like to see done - specially what YOU can contribute to - here.)
Improving existing pages[बदल]
- Category:Dhaktim panam and Category:धाक्टें पान: These categories contain pages which need either to be edited or expanded.
- Categorisation of pages
- Adding references
- Adding wikilinks
- Wikipedia:New article quick guide could be used as a handbook to help improve existing pages
Creating new content[बदल]
- Translate more relevant articles
- Share more relevant photos, images
- Possible sources include Konkani Vishwakosh, English Wikipedia, Portuguese Wikipedia...
- Try the Wikipedia translation tool, it's fun. For help on that see mw:Content translation
Articles that every Wikipedia should have[बदल]
There exists a list of the 1000 most important articles that every Wikipedia should have. We should aim to eventually have these 1000 articles on the Konkani Wikipedia.
Here, we can find a list of the 10 most important articles out of the 1000 that are missing on the Konkani Wikipedia. We can prioritise the creation of these articles. (The list is updated monthly.)
- Get more volunteers
- Link up with techies
- Have awareness sessions in the Konkan belt and among Konkanis abroad.
- Train new editors to write in Kannada and Romi script to contribute along with the Devanagari script, so that everyone who speaks the language has access in whichever lipi they know.
- We need a special class of language-specialists, who will focus on edit, correcting.
- The techies (in Goa and elsewhere) are waiting to be asked for help.
- Try to share some nice articles via Facebook, email, mailing lists.
- Surely, many people who could be involved, are not even aware.
Translations on TranslateWiki.net[बदल]
We have to keep translating the interface of MediaWiki (i.e. the software on which Wikipedia runs). The MediaWiki text and messages keep getting updated, and new messages keep getting added. These translations are to be done on TranslateWiki.net. For any interface messages that are not translated, we will see English or Hindi messages instead. Following are the important message groups that we need to keep up-to-date:
- MediaWiki (most important messages): Romi Nagari
- MediaWiki core: Romi Nagari
- VisualEditor: Romi Nagari
- Flow: Romi Nagari
The Konkani Wikipedia only has a handful of policies at present. This need to be translated, simplified and localised. More will have to be created eventually.
Quick deletion, Deletion policy, Robotanchem dhoronn, Script policy, Verifiability, No original research, Neutral point of view.