MediaWiki message delivery 01:31, 29 नोव्हेंबर 2022 (IST)
ह्या फळ्या वीशीं
Ho zaun asa Wikipediacho Tintto! Hangasor akhea somudaien Wikipedia vixim bhasabhas korunk zata.
हो जावन आसा विकिपीडियाचो तिंटो! हांगासर आख्या समुदायेन विकिपीडिया विशीं भासाभास करुंक जाता।
ಹೋ ಜಾವ್ನ್ ಆಸಾ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯಾಚೊ ತಿಂಟೊ! ಹಾಂಗಾಸರ್ ಆಖ್ಯಾ ಸಮುದಾಯೇನ್ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ ವಿಶೀಂ ಭಾಸಾಭಾಸ್ ಕರುಂಕ್ ಜಾತಾ.
Previous discussion was archived at on 2016-03-18.
Tech News: 2022-48
Movement Charter: South Asia Regional Consultation
Dear community members,
As many of you are aware, the Movement Charter regional consultations have begun. The MCDC seeks community feedback about three sections of the Movement Charter:
How can you participate?
You can participate by joining the regional consultation for South Asia on 2 December 2022 (Friday) from 14:00 to 15:30 UTC (7:30 PM to 9:00 PM IST) on Google Meet. Kindly add the event to your calendar.
Other ways to share feedback are:
- Fill the survey.
- Write on the Meta Talk pages: Preamble, Values & Principles, Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement)
- Write on the Movement Strategy Forum: Preamble, Values & Principles, Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement)
- Email MCDC at email@example.com
If you want to learn more about the Movement Charter, its goals, why it matters, and how it impacts your community, a 12-minute recording of one of the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions is available here.
Thanks for your time and interest.
WikiConference India 2023: Extension of Program submissions and scholarship deadline
Hello, wonderful Wikimedians,
As you already know, the program and scholarship applications for WikiConference India 2023 are open. Although today is the last date to submit the program and scholarship applications, we would like to inform you that we are extending the deadline to 14 December 2022. The deadline has been extended to ensure our community members have more time to apply and ensure we are able to receive a diverse spread of applications.
Please let us know if you have any queries by posting them on the conference talk page.
Regards, WCI 2023 Core organizing team.
Tech News: 2022-47
MediaWiki message delivery 04:50, 22 नोव्हेंबर 2022 (IST)
Enabling Content and Section translation tool in Goan Konkani Wikipedia
Apologies as this message is not in your native language, Please help translate to your language.
The WMF Language team is pleased to let you know that we will like to enable the Section and Content translation tool in Goan Konkani Wikipedia. For this, our team will love you to read about the tool and test the new Section Translation tool so you can:
- Give us your feedback
- Ask us questions
- Tell us how to improve it
Below is background information about the tools and how you can test the Section translation tool.
Content Translation has been a successful tool for editors to create content in their language. More than one million articles have been created across all languages since the tool was released in 2015. However, the tool is not out of beta in Goan Konkani Wikipedia, limiting the discoverability of the tool and its use and blocking the enablement of the Section translation in your Wikipedia
Section Translation extends the capabilities of Content Translation to support mobile devices. On mobile, the tool will:
- Guide you to translate one section at a time in order to expand existing articles or create new ones
- Make it easy to transfer knowledge across languages anytime from your mobile device
We plan to enable the tools on Goan Konkani Wikipedia in the coming week if there are no objections from your community. After it is enabled, we’ll monitor the content created with the tools and process all the feedback. In any case, feel free to raise any concerns or questions you may already have as a reply to this message or on the project talk page
Try the Section translation tool
Before the enablement, you can try the current implementation of the tool in our testing instance. Once it is enabled on Goan Konkani Wikipedia, you’ll have access to https://gom.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ContentTranslation with your mobile device. You can select an article to translate, and machine translation will be provided as a starting point for editors to improve.
Please provide feedback about Section translation on the project talk page. We want to hear about your impressions on
- The section translation tool
- What do you think about our plans to enable it
- Your ideas for improving the tool
Thanks and we look forward to your feedback and questions.
Also, now that Google Translate is available in Konkani, the machine translation from Google Translate (in Devanagari Konkani) is pre-loaded, which can be used as a starting point for translation.
Yes, The Discoverer. Machine translation is a starting point for translators to review and modify the initial translation towards having a high-quality translation in Goan Konkani Wikipedia.
Content and Section Translation tool enabled in Goan Konkani Wikipedia
The Content translation tool can be discovered by users through several entry points. However, users not interested in translation can disable it from their preferences. Also, with the Section translation tool, you can start translating an article on your mobile device right when you notice it is missing in Konkani. From a Wikipedia article in any language, switch languages and search for गोंयची कोंकणी. If the article does not exist, an option to translate it will appear, as shown in the image below.
We know that these tools will help translators in your community to add content using any device with ease. Content created with the Content and Section Translation tool will be marked with the "contenttranslation" and “sectiontranslaiton” tag, respectively, for the community to review. We’ll monitor the content created, but we are very interested in hearing about your experience using the tools and reviewing the content created with it.
So, enjoy the tools and provide feedback on improving it.
Tech News: 2022-46
MediaWiki message delivery 03:23, 15 नोव्हेंबर 2022 (IST)
Global bot approval request for JhsBot
Invitation to join the Online Indic Wikisource meetup (12th November 2022)
Hello fellow Wikisource enthusiasts!
We are the hosting the Indic Wikisource Community Online meetup on 12 November 2022 7:30 PM IST.
The objectives are below.
- Participate in m:Indic Wikisource proofread-a-thon November 2022 book collection.
- Queries regarding m:Indic Wikisource proofread-a-thon November 2022
- Suggestions/opinions/reviews anything are welcome regarding the Contest procedure.
- Gift and prizes for the contest selection.
If you are interested in joining the meeting, kindly leave a message on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the calendar invite.
Meanwhile, feel free to check out the page on Meta-wiki and suggest any other topics for the agenda.
Thanks for your attention
Wikisource Program officer, CIS-A2K
WikiConference India 2023: Program submissions and Scholarships form are now open
We are really glad to announce that WikiConference India 2023 has been successfully funded and it will take place from 3 to 5 March 2023. The theme of the conference will be Strengthening the Bonds.
We also have exciting updates about the Program and Scholarships.
‘‘‘Note’’’: Scholarship form and the Program submissions will be open from 11 November 2022, 00:00 IST and the last date to submit is 27 November 2022, 23:59 IST.
(on behalf of the WCI Organizing Committee)
Indic Wikisource proofread-a-thon November 2022
Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translate it
Thank you and congratulation to you for your participation and support last year. The CIS-A2K has been conducted again this year Online Indic Wikisource proofread-a-thon November 2022 to enrich our Indian classic literature in digital format.
WHAT DO YOU NEED
- Booklist: a collection of books to be proofread. Kindly help us to find some books in your language. The book should not be available on any third-party website with Unicode formatted text. Please collect the books and add our event page book list. You should follow the copyright guideline described here. After finding the book, you should check the pages of the book and create <pagelist/>.
- Participants: Kindly sign your name at Participants section if you wish to participate in this event.
- Reviewer: Kindly promote yourself as administrator/reviewer of this proofreadthon and add your proposal here. The administrator/reviewers could participate in this Proofreadthon.
- Some social media coverage: I would request to all Indic Wikisource community members, please spread the news to all social media channels, we always try to convince your Wikipedia/Wikisource to use their SiteNotice. Of course, you must also use your own Wikisource site notice.
- Some awards: There may be some award/prize given by CIS-A2K.
- A way to count validated and proofread pages:Indic Wikisource Contest Tools
- Time : Proofreadthon will run: from 14 November 2022 00.01 to 30 Novemeber 2022 23.59 (IST)
- Rules and guidelines: The basic rules and guideline have described here
- Scoring: The details scoring method have described here
I really hope many Indic Wikisources will be present this time.
Thanks for your attention
Jayanta (CIS-A2K)- 9 November 2022 (UTC)
Wikisource Program officer, CIS-A2K